Monday, September 29, 2008

Gasoline Despression

So with this whole gas shortage in Atlanta, I've begun to get more nervous about my situation as a newlywed. I live over 20 miles away from where I work. I use a gallon of gas just getting to work and another on the way back. And the shortage has been putting me in a downer type of contemplative mood. So when Sara and I got gas for both our cars and the sense of urgency died down I was in a much better mood. As we drove to the grocery store after filling up the second car I managed to piece together my thoughts on why I was getting so frustrated. This was the first time that I've really felt like I had the means (money) to do something (get gas), but the situation prevented me from attaining my goal (filling my tank). I felt like I was letting down my family by not providing what we needed. And that was the first time I'd though of Sara and myself as a family, which was pretty cool.

No comments: